Re: Tutorial for KDE task bar widgets needed

Fulko Hew ha scritto:

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora@xxxxxxxxx
>
>     It makes me really sad that the glorious days of superkaramba is over.
>     So many beautifully widgets gone obsolete overnight. Plasma had some
>     karamba support initially, but the code was not maintained (there was
>     a leak that I tried to solve with Aaron Seigo, but we gave up
>     eventually). Plasmoids never reached the quality and the quantity of
>     the karamba widgets </rant>
>

> ​And what's with this black and white stuff? Displays have had
> colour capability for a few years now </rant>

While I dislike it as well, it's a matter of theming. Change it and you have
your colors back.

>     I once started developing a plasmoid based on the tutorial on the
>     website but I never finished:
>     https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma4/GettingStarted
>     <https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma4/GettingStarted>
>     However, after understanding the very basics I realized that for
>     anything advanced I wanted to do I had to read the KDE source code.
>     Maybe things changed since then. Note that the link is for KDE 4. They
>     must have a KDE 5 version of the docs these days.
>

> ​Yes, there is. I found
> ​ <goog_2116315843>
>  https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma5/QML2/GettingStarted
> <https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma5/QML2/GettingStarted>
> ​It talks about creating the infrastructure and build environment...
> but it doesn't talk about the basics.

It gives you an hello worlds, so it's not just the infrastructure.

That said, the upper-level page is interesting too:
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma5
the Basic List Plasmoid link is missing, at least the API Reference page is there.

In any case, this is a discussion for the upstream plasma list and/or IRC channel.

--
Luigi