Re: Logging out kills Bluetooth

On Fri, 2016-12-16 at 18:56 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 12/16/16 17:55, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I've been having problems with my Bluetooth mouse for a long time now.
> > My PC has a dongle and BT randomly disconnects when I reboot or even
> > return from hibernation or suspend. I've put "hciconfig hci0 up" in an
> > rc.local script to try to force it but even that only works some of the
> > time.
> >
> > However aside from all that, I've now noticed that it frequently
> > disconnects even if I log out of Plasma and back in again. This means I
> > have to keep an extra mouse around just to activate it.
> >
> > This is ridiculous. Is anyone else seeing a similar problem?
>
> I don't have a bluetooth mouse.....
>
> But, just looking around I was wondering if making entries in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf for
> ReconnectUUIDs and the related options would be helpful.

I think I'm missing something here. How do I discover what UUID my
device has? The man pages are completely silent. The only mention of
UUIDs relates either to programs for generating new ones, or for stuff
related to disk drives (which I'm already familiar with).

Google throws up a huge amount of BT documentaion, which (in a pattern
familiar to us all) uses its own special terminology and cannot be
understood unless you read all of it or take a course. Kind of like
systemd ...

poc