Re: How do I run xorg-modesettings driver instead of xorg-intel?

Am 26.10.2016 um 19:47 schrieb Sudhir Khanger:
Thanks Reindl will try that.

and windows would do anything you need to do fast, secure and without a
ton of other issues? no it won't

the be happy with windows - you are talking about a *single* issue here

I have to hard reboot my system or restart X every time I encounter this bug which means I lose time and any unsaved work. Another option is to leave the system unlocked for everyone to pry. This happens randomly so I can never tell when I am going to lose unsaved progress which may include several hours of work and more time to reboot and get everything in the working state again. Not to mention you lose your chain of thought when this happens.

and i have no problems at all with intel or modesetting drivers over years if KDE would fix it's damned memory leaks i would not need ot logout for days and weeks unless there is a kernel/glibc/pcre/openssl update