Re: Minor Update Annoyance

Ed Greshko wrote:
> After the update I rebooted and logged in.  I've never used ksensors so
> imagine my surprise that when I logged in ksensors was enabled.
>
> How does that happen?

Because I finally fixed the autostart that had been broken since F22, and
nobody had filed a bug for it. (At the time, there was also no support for
XEmbed system tray icons in Plasma 5, which is probably part of why nobody
noticed the autostart issue and why I hadn't fixed it right away.) Now,
since I started using F24 myself on a machine, I noticed the breakage and
fixed it.

If you don't want KSensors, just uninstall it. You may (or may not) also
want to uninstall other packages it drags in, in particular the kdelibs3
stack (qt3, arts, kdelibs3).

KSensors is a really useful package that I still don't see any Qt 5 or even
Qt 4 equivalent for. I find it really sad that nobody noticed that it has
been broken for 3 releases, and that the only people noticing the fix are
you 2 who don't actually want it.

        Kevin Kofler