Re: Can't log out of KDE -- "Malformed URL"

Reindl Harald ha scritto:

> Am 13.12.2015 um 18:47 schrieb Sudhir Khanger:
>> On Sunday 13 Dec 2015 3:16:01 PM Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>> I don't know what that is. If it's a front-end for dnf I might consider
>>> it, otherwise I don't think so.
>>>
>>> Yesterday my regular update installed something called muon-discover.
>>> Is that what you mean? My first reaction was annoyance as the package
>>> contains absolutely no indication of what it is or why I would want it.
>>> I had to Google to find out it had something to do with software
>>> installation, but I still have no idea how it relates to anything else.
>>>
>>> Is this a new low point in documentation?
>>
>> Yeah, it's a software discovery and package management tool. Upstream choose
>> it as the default software installer.
>>
>> True. There is no homepage or documentation.
>>
>> There is no summary or description of muon-discover and URL of muon et al.
>> 404s.
>>
>> The correct URL being
>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon
>
> "A collection of package management tools for Debian-based systems" - so why
> do we get that crap pulled on a Redhat system like we would not have already
> enough half-baken GUI package managmenet stuff?

Muon (the UI) is not part of the Plasma project (moved to its own release
schedule).
The discover part (in the "discover" module) was split out from Muon really
recently, it's part of the Plasma project (even if I think it's not a core
dependency, just a "higher level application") and it has different backends,
including PackageKit.

--
Luigi