Re: panel tooltips

Glenn Holmer wrote:

>>> If you have disabled taskbar tool tips then you won't see tool tips in
>>> launchers.

>>> You may modify taskbar tool tip in right-click-on-taskbar>Taskbar
>>> Manager Settings>Behavior>Show tooltips.
>
>> 2) I'm never quite sure what is meant by "taskbar".
>> It seems to be used sometimes as a synonym for "panel",
>> and at other times for the part of the panel showing current tasks.
>> I assume the latter meaning is intended here,
>> as I only see "Taskbar Manager Settings" when I right-click
>> on one of the rectangles showing current tasks.
>
> I have no idea what *either* of you are talking about. I'm talking about
> the panel at the bottom of the screen, which contains the application
> menu, pager for virtual desktops, launchers, task manager (running
> programs) and on the far right, the system tray.
>
> I've tried to click everywhere including in between things, and I don't
> see "Taskbar Manager Settings" anywhere. I do see "TASK Manager
> Settings", but disabling tooltips there does not affect the application
> menu, the pager, the launchers, or the system tray.

I should have said "Task Manager Settings" not "Taskbar Manager Settings".
I see this option if I right click on any "task", which I take to refer to
the rectangles containing icons describing activities
in various virtual desktops, eg (in my case) bash, knode, firefox, etc.
I assume the term "taskbar" refers to this portion of the panel.

If I go to Task Manager Settings, and switch off the option "Show tooltips"
I no longer see tooltips for the tasks (five at the moment in my case)
but I still see tooltips for all the other icons/widgets in the panel,
eg the clock.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net