Re: Presentation & Documentation

Gerardo Rosales wrote:

> I want to do something more than just report bugs, after checking the
> SIGs/KDE page [2], I decided to collaborate with the Fedora spin-specific
> documentation:
>
>    - Release Notes. (I would like to work on this for this release, and
>    also future ones)
>    - KDE Wiki.
>    - Desktop User Guide.

Your offer sounds very generous to me.
As a lowly KDE user, I find KDE documentation completely chaotic,
and I have no idea where to look if I have a problem with KDE,
which unfortunately is often the case.

Where for example is the Desktop User Guide you mention?
I don't see any mention of it in https://wiki.kde.org/
which I assume is the KDE Wiki you mention.

> I would like to get your feedback on the things that you will like and/or
> needs to be included, and in this way we can make a To Do list and set
> work priorities to start on.

I'd like to see (perhaps they already exist?)
1. a KDE FAQ
2. an explanation of the basic features of KDE

> I can't finish this without thank you all for your hard work/effort to
> offer us a great DE for Fedora.

Sadly, I have not found KDE-5 to be an improvement on KDE-4.
As far as I am concerned - and no doubt I am atypical -
KDE-5 simply introduced a whole lot of problems,
some of which have now been solved,
and nothing at all of any relevance to my simple needs.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net