Re: blog post on Plasma 5 quality

Am 25.10.2015 um 05:46 schrieb P. Gueckel:
Timothy Murphy wrote:

I liked the icons that came up to show me the
various
steps as they were completed.

I always thought they were so ugly—holdovers from
KDE2, likely. I am so glad they finally got rid of
them. I tried for years to get rid of them and the
best I could come up with was to settle for the plain
background with the horizontal bar. And, guess what!
The horizontal bar is what we now have in KDE5! :-)
Progress LOL! This horizontal bar actually tells you
something, since it has steps and they are all
completed, or else something didn't load. I remember
Windows XP, I think, that had the most infuriating
horizontal bar in existence: it just kept on moving
from left to right and back again to start anew, so
you never knew where you were or if anything was
happening LOL!!

fact is that this progress stuff is only needed here since upgrade to Fedora 22 because the hardware is so fricking fast that the last 4 years it was disabled

*whatever* KDE5 does here at the login time is pure crap because there is no CPU lod and no disk I/O at that time (easily to verify by press CTRL+ALT+F2 and start htop)