Re: blog post on Plasma 5 quality

On 23.10.2015 22:02, Rex Dieter wrote:
Sandro Mani wrote:

On 23.10.2015 15:38, Rex Dieter wrote:
Sandro Mani wrote:

On 20.10.2015 13:31, Rex Dieter wrote:
Multiple screens is (still) a bit of an unsolved problem in Qt, not
related to driver.

This patch is looking promising [1]. Been running with it for a couple
of days and have yet to experience a crash. Remaining issues I
experience after screen setup change are krunner (when not crashing due
to baloo) occasionally moving around as you type, and plasmashell not
removing the screen space it occupies from the available area (which is
to say: it will cover a portion of maximized windows).

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/138201/
Let me know when/if you think that's worth pulling into our builds for
broader testing.
There have been some comments on the code, but mostly aesthetic stuff.
Depending on how fast things move in codereview, one could also start
adding the current patch: the rebased version I'm using is here [1].

[1] https://smani.fedorapeople.org/138201.patch
Thanks.

One more question, we currently carry,

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/qt5-qtbase.git/tree/qtbase-opensource-src-5.5-disconnect_displays.patch

would you recommend keeping that in addition to 138201.patch (or dropping
it)?

I'm currently still carrying it, though if I read the proposed 138201 patch correctly, it should avoid that at any moment during screen configuration change no screens are available, so the first part of qtbase-opensource-src-5.5-disconnect_displays.patch should not be needed anymore (though not sure what happens when you start an application without any screens attached to the system and add screens later on). I don't know whether the second part of the patch is still needed. But neither change is in direct conflict with the proposed 138201 patch, so it should not harm to keep it around until 5.6.