Re: Plan for F22 KDE updates after F23 release?

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Fedora-23 is completely unusable on my ThinkPad T61
> with NVIDIA G86M [Quadro NVS 140M] chip.

Sorry to hear that :-( I know what a frustration it
can be, trying to get hardware to work.

I've been in the Linux circus since the late '90s :-)
and I have intentionally chosen all of my hardware to
just work. While there is little need to fret anymore
these days, graphics is the one remaining major
hurdle. For those who are mega-gamers, high-powered
graphics can be enticements, even necessary ones, but
I buy only computers or mainboards with Intel.

I used to be a GeForce fan, but one day I realized
that I don't need the extra power, since the kind of
things I do with my computer get by splendidly with
Intel graphics. It was the retailers that wanted to
get me to spend a few hundred more on an extra board,
not my actual need that determined it. Installing
those drivers and reinstalling them with every new
kernel was a headache I forgot years ago. Is Intel
inferior? I wouldn't know, since my graphics works
flawlessly and I have never experienced deficits.