Re: New default web browser on KDE Spin

Am 03.08.2015 um 16:41 schrieb Mustafa Muhammad:
On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx
<mailto:gbcox@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Markus Slopianka <kamikazow@xxxxxx
    <mailto:kamikazow@xxxxxx>> wrote:

        Don't play dumb.
        No browser using a deprecated, insecure engine should ever be
        default.
        There is no excuse to do it anyway.

    That's why I suggested you question upstream.  They are still
    referencing Konqueror as a key
    application, and it's their default browser.

"If" it is their default, it doesn't need to be our default, if we let a
"deprecated, insecure engine" based browser be our default, we are
betraying our users.

the next time you are repeating this post a link with CVE's or just refrain to repeat it - NO not a CVE for a random fork of the engine which may or may not have the same bugs

until then try to understand that maybe one of the features you are missing that bad introduced a CVE which is not present

and finally: LEAVE ME IN PEACE with the broken idea ship GTK/GNOME apps with a KDE live-image which results in BLOATWARE in case you create a live usb-stick with rw-overlay