Re: GTK font sizes

On 06/18/15 11:42, Felix Miata wrote:
> Ed Greshko composed on 2015-06-18 11:29 (UTC+0800):
>
>> Felix Miata wrote:
>>> UI fonts that you want to be different from system fonts need to be changed
>>> according to http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts or by using a
>>> Mozilla/TB theme.
>> This doesn't appear to apply to the most recent versions of T-Bird.
> If it wasn't supposed to, their would have been a big brough ha ha that it
> stopped.
>
>> According to the link
>> chrome/userChrome.css is a file in the profile folder.
> That is an optional profile directory. It doesn't exist unless a user creates it.
>
>> There is no folder "chrome" and creating one and adding a userChrome.css with the suggested contents has no effect.
> If you did it correctly it would constitute major breakage dictating a report
> having already been filed by now on bugzilla.mozilla.org. Surely something
> must have gone wrong in your create chrome/userChrome.css process.
> chrome/userChrome.css always works as expected in my Mozilla product profiles.
>
> You might try speeding up finding a solution via irc://moznet/#thunderbird or
> irc://moznet/#linux

I no longer understand what you're trying to say.  It sounds as if you're agreeing with me that userChrome.css isn't a method available in the present form.

These screenshots show what works in F21.  This no longer works in F22.  There is no option to tell GTK+ applications to use KDE font settings and they certainly don't follow them by "default"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H9v1dYNcvpYzBfOHNfZEkzaU0/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H9v1dYNcvpUW5wMl9GbmJ5MVU/view?usp=sharing

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4