Re: Restricting mime types handled by kpartsplugin for firefox

On 02/06/15 18:53, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
Hi

Anyone know how to easily restrict the mime types that the firefox
plugin part of kpartsplugin handles? I need to configure this system
wide for all users.

I'd just want to use it for embedding pdf documents in firefox using
okular, but it seems to want to handle loads of other mime types too.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone

Well, I have this working, except...

I found in the discussion at
https://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=125066&forumpage=2 that you can have a file ~/.kde/share/config/kpartsplugin-mimetypes.rc where you can blacklist mime types. So, I listed all the mime types that firefox was using kpartsplugin to handle and blacklisted them all except application/pdf.

That works, and hopefully I can find the equivalent place for that file so that these settings can be picked up systemwide.

The only problem now seems to be that after opening a pdf file I see that plugin-container is running at 100% cpu.

Curiously, the first time firefox loads the pdf I momentarily see a page with what looks like a menu structure of mime types. Then its overwritten by okular displaying my pdf.

Anyone got any idea whats going on here? Maybe this is whats causing plugin-container to go 100% cpu.

It would be great if someone could verify this behaviour - maybe its some of my customizations that provokes this.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone