Re: lock screen serious problem with sleep

On 06/04/2015 12:15 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
I have 2 monitors (laptop + external).  If I close laptop lid, system will
sleep.  Now disconnect hdmi to monitor.  Now open lid.  lock screen is
displayed.

But there is no way to enter the password.  I can move mouse around.
Caplock is responded to.  But I can't enter any characters into the password
field.

Only thing I can do is switch to VT, and do systemctl restart sddm.

Sounds like the infamous plasmashell lockup. Since the screen was reconfigured while blanked, something got stuck. All I can say is to disconnect the HDMI cable before you close the laptop lid. Until this bug gets fixed (or even found), all we can do is work around the issues.

My latest glitch is that it won't turn the backlight back on after it has powered it off - VTs work just fine, but the primary display where SDDM and plasmashell are running stay blank.

--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA
Systems Engineer