Re: plasma5 and selinux

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 5:00 AM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMO, this would be one of the system tools that should have been identified and updated to work in the new plasma5 environment.

I agree, and if you read back at the thread about the firewall-applet it's basically the same thing.  There was a notice that went out in March, 2014 Read this if your package includes a status notifier / system tray icon that gave notice this was happening.  There are many non-KDE applications which work fine:  Google (Chrome, Music, Hangouts, Notifications), Megaupload, Copy.  There was plenty of advance notice and non-Fedora/Redhat applications were able to get it to work.  I don't know of anything else to do other than open bug reports and put your name to existing bug reports.  If anyone else has any suggestions on how to get attention to this issue I'd like to see them.  It's obvious there is a lack of desire or urgency to provision kde status notifier support in these apps.