Re: x2go under KDE on F22

On 25/03/15 15:54, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Roderick Johnstone wrote:
x2go is documented to be incompatible with 'KDE 5'
(http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:de-compat) but I notice that there
are still seem to be (at least) parts of KDE 4 in F22.

Hmmm, is GLX needed even when using llvmpipe? If not, exporting
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE or QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL should work around the
problem.

There are also some general Qt 5 compatibility issues reported, but those
seem fixed now according to:
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=637#33

Another workaround would be to try LXQt instead (assuming the Qt 5 issues
are really solved now, see above). KDE applications should run fine under
LXQt, or any other desktop (e.g. Xfce) even.

         Kevin Kofler

By setting:
export QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL = 1
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1

I have KDE running in an x2go session in my F22 test system (installed from the development/22 tree) but there is no panel visible.

kscreen was resizing my x2go window after a few seconds and xdpyinfo was reporting it as 1920x1080. I have removed the kcreen package and the x2go window is now no longer resized and is reported by xdpyinfo as 800x600 which is what I asked for in the xc2go client.

Now the panel comes up and is visible, but only for a short while and before disappearing.

plasmashell is still running so I'm guessing that the panel was relocated off the display window somewhere.

Resizing the x2go window in order to look for the missing panel does not reveal anything and causes a black border around the desktop background where the window has been enlarged.

After a minute or so the konsole, which was started as part of the session, disappears, but the konsole process is still running, so maybe it got relocated elsewhere too.

Any ideas on how to find my panel or stop it moving or any insight on whats happening would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone