Re: Annoying Maximize Window setting

Am 24.06.2014 20:50, schrieb Felix Miata:
> On 2014-06-23 19:10 (GMT+0530) Syam Krishnan composed:
>
>> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>>> Upstream unfortunately enables that "feature" by default. IMHO, we should
>>> disable that silliness in kde-settings. Active screen edges just suck.
>
>> I beg to differ. I find this behaviour very handy to quickly organize windows.
>> I don't know of any other simpler way to achieve tiling of windows.
>
> I can't imagine how. Before even trying to do that I can't imagine how dragging to the snap area is easier than
> double clicking the titlebar or single clicking the maximize button if I actually want the window maximized. If I
> drag a window into a snap area, it's because I want the window at that edge, whether top, bottom or side, not
> change its size. The principle of least surprise is violated by having different behaviors at different edges

the double-click argument beat sonly for maximize/restore
but not for tiling left/right

as said: it depends on your screen size
with 15" you often may lead to trigger it by accident
with 27" it looks completly different

least surprise: in gerneal: yes

in case of tiling: if you need to dig in options nobody would know it exists
after working some years with tiling on a large screen -> no way you got
me to work without anymore

for maximize by drag-to-top: well, nonody needs that really, hence disabled here