Re: F20: Some applications show wrong colours for some images when run in a KDE session

23.01.2014 21:36, Martin (KDE):

> Am 23.01.2014 21:30, schrieb Markus Schönhaber:

>>> Maybe a wrong color profile in colord? Try installing colord-kde (if not
>>> already installed) and configuring colord with it.
>>
>> colord-kde was already installed (@anaconda).
>> I'm not sure if this is what you meant but in the Color-module of KDE's
>> system properties I changed my display's profile from "Default:
>> SyncMaster" to "Colorspace: Compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)". Now the
>> waving panda and other images look as they should again.
>
> Holla, only use adobe RGB colour space if you are sure your display used
> it as well. Usually display (unless you paid way more than 500€) are
> near to sRGB, most cheap ones are not even that wide.

Well, the Adobe profile may not be the most suitable one for my display.
But the important point, for me, is that it doesn't show the wrong
colours for some images, as the SyncMaster profile did. Neither does the
sRGB profile to which I have switched now (I don't notice any difference
to the Adobe profile - but then, I don't do any image editing…).

The SyncMaster profile is probably somehow deduced from information on
the device itself, since the corresponding .icc file is located in
~/.local/share/icc and I didn't put it there. I'm only guessing here,
but if the buggy profile is indeed created from information retrieved
from the device itself, that would mean that it's a device-specific
problem. Which, in turn, would explain why so few others (0?) are
affected by it.
For the records: My display is a Samsung SyncMaster XL2370.
When I get hold of a different display, I'll check if that really makes
the difference.

--
Regards
  mks