Re: Plasma Netbook or Active on Fedora ?

On 11/02/2012 09:13 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
Can active be installed and co exist with a regular Plasma install ?

Yes
I should have been more specific. Can Active be installed and co exist with a regular STABLE Plasma install ? I'd like to enable testing for only the Active install. Is that possible ?

How does one switch back and forth between the session types ?  In the
session selector on the login page ?

Yes, yes.
Beautiful functionality !

What yum command would be used to install these packages and not muck
everything else up ?

Minimal setup is simply:
yum install startactive
How would this be done for the testing repository while keeping the Plasma from stable and not having dependency version issues ?

optional addons include:
yum install contour share-like-connect plasma-active-wallpapers

What yum command would be used to uninstall these packages and get back
to the system as it was before ?

uninstall the list of packages from previous step.

Again, from the point of view of having Active come from testing and keeping the rest of Plasma from stable ?

If one gets Plasma in totality from testing to handle the Active dependencies, what would be an easy way to uninstall Active and roll Plasma back to the latest version that is in stable ?

I don't mean to be a wuss, but I'd like to test Active on production machines. I'm OK with having issues while running testing versions of Active and Plasma but I need to be able to roll back to Plasma stable at the end of it all if it doesn't work out.

Other than that, this is hugely big news. I doubt very many people are aware of Active being available like this.