Re: KAddressBook on a server?

Am 01.04.2012 20:40, schrieb Timothy Murphy:
> I see there have been some advances in KAddressBook,
> eg it can now use my Google contacts.
>
> But I'm wondering if it is possible to keep KAdddressBook contacts
> on my server, so that they are available anywhere on my LAN?

Yes, it can (at least the old non akonadi version could). There are
several possibilities:
- Use vCard folder for this
- Use a real groupware server
- Use addressbook in a mail folder (like kolab)

I used all three of them. The address book mail folder is/was limited to
kde pim. The vCard folder can not be accessed by mobile phones so I now
use sogo as a groupware.

Due to problems with kmail2 (deleted many mails) I currently use
thunderbird. But there is a kdepim2 plugin for sogo as well.

Regards
Martin