Reboot and kmail

Hello,

A year ago I tried to install Fedora 14 on a machine with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-
DS4P motherboard using the hardware RAID0. It turned out to be impossible as
the raid volume was not recognised by the installer, so I used software raid
instead and everything worked very well until upgrading to F16 a month ago.
After the upgrade only one of the disks belonging to my /home raid volume was
used, but changing disk after each reboot. Not a good situation!

As I had a fresh backup I wiped my disks and created a RAID0 disk in hardware
once again. This time it was recognised by the F16 installer and the install
went smoothly. But there is one remaining problem: Each time I try to reboot
or shutdown the system hangs with the following messages on screen:

Sending SIGKILL to remaining processes...
Unmounting file systems.
Unmounted /sys/fs/fuse/connections.
Unmounted /var/lib/nfs/rpc-pipefs.
Unmounted /sys/kernel/security.
Unmounted /sys/kernel/debug.
Unmounted /dev/hugepages.
Unmounted /dev/mqueue.
Unmounted /sys/kernel/config.

and then it hangs forever and I have to kill with the powerswitch. On a
laptop, also with a fresh F16, there is no such problem. Both installs are
x86_64.

Does anybody know if this has something to do with the RAID? Where shall I
start looking for the problem?

I also switched to KMail2 at the same time. Having heared of many problems I
had archived all my mail (many thousand mails) in KMail1 beforehand and then
made a new install and configuration in KMail2. Then I imported the mails into
the newly created folders and have now used KMail2 daily with only minor
problems. It's rather slow when downloading many messages from a POP3 server
and there are some chrashes when deleting a html-message directly after
it.

So if you have many problems with KMail2 and have migrated, it might be worth
it to consider making a fresh install.

Regards
Jan
--