Re: Downgrading kmail

On Thursday 17 November 2011 13:35:21 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 05:25 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> have just preupgraded my workplace server (the one I was having video

> > It should have taken a*lot*  longer than that.  Mine too several hours -
> > I left it running overnight.  What you should do does depend on whether
> > you are using IMAP or POP3, though.
>
> Anne: When it's doing the migration, I get a window that shows various
> elements being ticked off, and then, it announces it's finished and
> there are no further signs of activity. When your 'several hours' of
> migration occurred, were you getting some sort of feedback from that
> window that it was still processing stuff?

To be honest, I can't remember the details.  I know there were a couple of
times when it paused due to "conflicts" where I had to choose between two
offered emails.  Since they always seemed to be identical, I'm not sure why
that happened.  Apart from that, I think there was feedback, yes.  I'm not
sure how many messages I have in my folders, but since they contain some
archived stuff gathered over 10 years, and without attachments stripped, it
would be a goodly amount.  IIRC my MailDir/ on the server is about 53GB.

Did your feedback look enough to assure you that it was processing _all_ your
folders?

Anne