bindings: what's the big idea!?

For some reason gmane isn't posting the responses to my query. I didn't realize you
guys had responded until now, many hours later, when I decided to check at:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2010-January/005358.html

-

So, I guess, as was pointed out, I do sometimes need bindings, even merely to run a
program, not only to write it.

Is there a way to know which of the myriad bindings packages I need to install on
my system? I realize that yum ought to take care of it when I install or update,
but...

What about when I run rpm -e some-binding? Does rpm know that some-binding.rpm was
pulled in by yum for some other program?

I had a fair number of these bindings on my system, of the form x-python, y-python,
z-python and so on. I never explicitly installed them, so yum must have pulled them
in as dependencies for some program, but when I installed kde-4.3.90, there were
problems that I managed to resolve with rpm -e x-python y-python z-python etc.

rpm allowed me to remove them, so what happened? Did rpm 'forget' that they were
dependencies, or are they no longer dependencies?