Help! Locked out of my laptop

On Sunday 22 November 2009 14:22, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 22 November 2009 14:14, tim at thewunders.org wrote:
> > I'd switch to runlevel 3 and try to log in as my user. If that works, run
> > 'startx' from the command line.
>
> Yes, tried that.  Unfortunately, the same thing happens.  *Something* that
> kde saves when it shuts down is causing this.
>
> I've created a new user and copied .kde across, then changed ownership.  It
> has just completed the start of kde, but I now have 20 'run as anne' boxes
> waiting for passwords.  Hopefully as I go through these I will find where
> the blockage is.

Well, all 20 are completed.  Most of them belonged to akonadi or nepomuk.  I
have a perfectly good desktop, so now I have to find what other files affect
re-creating your desktop.

The only things that I didn't shut down cleanly were konversation and
chromium.  I'm inclined to suspect chromium, as I've always had that shut
down before when I've finished a session, whereas I've often had konversation
open and it has recovered without a problem, so now I'm on the hunt for
chromium-related personal files

Anne