Firefox and KDE (pulseaudio supplemental)

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 12:54:25 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> 2009/8/11 Eli Wapniarski <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org>:

> > From the Website.
> >
> > "The libflashsupport package is no longer needed with Flash 10 and has been
> > removed from Fedora 10. The Flash plugin now calls the appropriate ALSA
> > functions directly, and in the default configuration ALSA delivers sound to
> > PulseAudio"
>
> I'm not to sure if i should trust the wiki page with the above part:
>
> "This page describes how to solve the Flash Player 9 problem by
> building and installing an experimental plugin, libflashsupport.so,
> which adds support for ESD and PulseAudio."
>
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/FlashPlayer9Solution

Actually... I don't at all. I ran an experiment and found that with pulseaudio fully installed, 32 bit flash and nspluginwrapper for fedora repo, if libflashsupport.c was not compiled... No sound. Same is true with 64 bit flash.

However in the process I solved my bigger pulseaudio issue... that is regarding pulseaudio interfering with my network when running at least one online game with wine. It turns out that firstly, at least with the version available in koji, 1.26,  nss-mdns is a dependancy. which provided the clue. Sure enough, after nss-mdns was installed, avahi-demon was disabled and mdns was enabled things seemed to work.

This is one of those things that make you go hmmm.

Eli

believed to be clean.