weird artifact appearing in my upper right screen

On Sunday 22 February 2009 04:20:37 Claude Jones wrote:

> All sort of ailments have been plaguing me, so I'm just now able to reply.
> I don't think I have an nVidia problem except for the weird artifact. John
> and Tejas hit it - I turned off "Show FPS" and that got rid of it.

Like you Claude NV mobo + 7800 GFX card here and no problems,

> However, I was unable to run much of KDE all afternoon, and when I could,
> KMail was crashing every few moments, usually when I'd try to highlight a
> part of a message; it was also repeatedly refusing to display the preview
> pane and I would have to go into settings and uncheck/check that feature;
> plasma crashes every time I start - and on and on... I'm writing this
> message with KMail but in Gnome, and I'm not experiencing any of the
> aforementioned problems...

Did you update qt, akonadi, pim etc?
I did and it caused a terrible amount of problems (yes I know its all in
unstable) but normally things work well.
Kontact crashing on startup (kmail crashing) , kded4 eating up 80% CPU, Kmail
would run outside of Kontact but no preview in Kmails message window, akonadi
failing to start (dbus errors) etc.

Even just updating akonadi caused problems :(

*Sorry* but I cannot debug this as this is my main machine and had to get it
back to how it was, I use akonadi (kabc) so maybe that caused me more grief
than expected.

Rolled back to this now:

qt-4.4.3
akonadi-1.1.1-1