Changing plasma theme

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Jeremy Sanders wrote:
>>  maybe it's an nvidia  driver issue.
>
> !!!!!
>
> /me is so *tired* of graphics driver bugs being blamed on kde.  srsly.

Yeah, though I haven't found a good driver yet, including the free ones.

The latest free Intel driver on my laptop keeps popping up "You have plugged
in a monitor" in KDE when I haven't done anything to the computer. That
driver used to work.

The free ATI driver was as good as anything I have seen except for being far
too slow with desktop effects. Let's not talk about the propitiatory ATI
driver which I have to run with a new graphics board.

The NVidia driver is evil, especially when it or your kernel needs updating,
even with an akmod.

What would be really nice for Linux reliability was an X.org server which
could disconnect its applications if it dies and allow them to reconnect to
another server later. This would prevent a lot of data loss when X crashes.

Jeremy