Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> I still can't extend a panel across two screens. I actually would rather
> not live with plasmoids on my desktop. Once applications are running they
> simply take up resources, needlessly. Nice ideas, but nothing particularly
> new. Its been around since Internet Explorer 4 and the Active Desktop. And
> if I would have wanted Super Karamba I would have installed Super Karamba.
> On panels, brilliant. The folder view while almost there suffers, for me
> from one critical flaw. A simple thing really. Not a bug per se. But, if
> you right click on it and then look for the run command in the context
> menu... It ain't there. It kinda makes it unuseable.

In 4.2 you can set the desktop to be a folder view and then remove all the
plasmoids on it, then it'll look just like in KDE 3.

> I don't like the fat start menu. I don't like it Windows. I don't like it
> in KDE. I am using the traditional menu. But guess what. No run command.
> In the traditional menu. And the list goes on.

That one annoys me too, all the time, I think we should really patch that
in, probably also into upstream 4.3.

        Kevin Kofler