Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM, John5342 <john5342 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/24 Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, I guess I should bring this to the lists attention since it
>> > pertains to Fedora and KDE (or at least is directly referenced in the
>> > original article)
>> >
>> > I'm not sure if it matters what DE Linus uses, but I guess a lot of
>> > people care.
>>

>> I think it's safe to say from the comments on Aaron's blog that we
>> (Fedora-KDE) are completely to blame for this.
>

> At what point is there anything suggesting Fedora-KDE is to blame. All that
> is said is that he got KDE 4 from Fedora-KDE. That is not the same thing.
> What is really being reffered to is that KDE 4.0 was too early and they
> should have made it a little more complete. It is a dig at KDE. Not
> Fedora-KDE.

--- from article
I got the update through Fedora and there was a mismatch from KDE 3 to KDE 4.0.
---

--- from blog text
it's really hard to stay positive about the efforts of downstreams
when they wander around feeling they should be above reproach while
simultaneously hurting our (theirs and ours) users in a rush to be
more bad ass bleeding edge than any other cool dude distro in town
---

--- from comments
Fedora messed the update from 3.5 to 4.0 and Linus had to use Gnome .. big deal!
---

--- from comments
I agree with Aaron that Fedora acted irresponsibly by forcing the
switch to 4.0, and those kinds of decisions certainly hurt both Fedora
and KDE.
---

--- from comments
I don't think you can blame Linus for not wanting to use KDE 4.0 and
not having a choice to use KDE 3.x in Fedora when other distros like
Suse had managed this feat without any problems. Fedora is junk for
KDE
---

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin