konqueror forgets SSL CA certificates

Hi,

I'm running kde 4.1.96 and I've run into a strange problem in
konqueror conserning the import of SSL certificates.

When I go to Configure Konq->Crypto->SSL Signers->Import to import the
certificate chain of a local CA, the new certs are listed as long as I
don't close the config dialog. Once close the window by pressing OK
and then go back to the crypto settings the imported CA certs are no
longer listed. WTF??

If I visit a web site that is secured with a SSL cert issued by the CA
the cert cannot be validated, thus I deduce that it was never
successfully imported.

Actually, didn't the SSL Signers tab in the past contain a list of all
known CAs? In my konq the list is empty but certs issued by the big
CAs can successfully be validated.

I haven't found a bug report describing this problem, so I would
appreciate if a few people on the list would try to add a CA cert in
konqueror and report the results. If this is a real problem, this
would make konqueror useless as a browser :-(

Cheers,

Andreas