worst release ever?

On Thursday 15 January 2009 06:54:12 Neal Becker wrote:
> I hate to say it, but at this point (4.2rc1) this is the least stable kde
> I've seen. ?kmail is now crashing repeatably. ?Akonadi crashes every time I
> open my calendar. ?I hope it's not released like this.

I hate to say it, but, in reviewing the list messages for the past day, this
is the first indication from you of a problem. Did we miss something? Have you
put out a query as to whether others are having the same issue? Have you made
any attempt to figure out what is causing your crashes? You are blaming the
release - are you really so sure? Only one other person is reporting a problem
such as you describe, and he gave some specifics. I'm not having it across
multiple machines - I'm sitting in front of two machines running kmail right
this moment. Making big declarations may relieve frustration of the moment,
but they don't usually lead to problem solving - a little more information
from your situation could lead to a resolution of your problem - what were you
doing before the crash, what log info can you provide, what's your hardware,
etc. etc... Your subject line is dismissive, and insulting, of the hours and
hours of work of many individuals and isn't going to help you get support - it
could be true, but until you provide some data that others can replicate,
you're just barking at the moon.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD