Re: The fedora 38 report

I'm working on release-monitoring.org and the-new-hotness in OpenShift as well.

Michal

On 02. 05. 24 1:11, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Hey everyone.

Fedora 38 is scheduled to go EOL on 2024-05-14
Thats just a bit less than 2 weeks from today!

I already moved a bunch of machines to f40 that were f38, but there's
some left:

These I need to untangle createrepo_c. We could upgrade them to f40, but
if we upgrade builders to f40 we need to downgrade createrepo_c to allow
epel7 buildroots to still work. I'm hoping koji folks can give us a knob
here so we can upgrade. So this is kinda on hold for right now.

bodhi-backend01.iad2.fedoraproject.org
bodhi-backend01.stg.iad2.fedoraproject.org

These I need to talk to osbuild folks about:

buildvm-ppc64le-osbuild01.iad2.fedoraproject.org
buildvm-ppc64le-osbuild02.iad2.fedoraproject.org

This one I need to schedile with iot folks:

compose-iot01.iad2.fedoraproject.org

This one will go away at eol:

f38-test.fedorainfracloud.org

This one I need to schedule with copr folks:

vmhost-p09-copr01.rdu-cc.fedoraproject.org

This one... requires some work. We have a bunch of plugins we build in
our infra tags. We will need to rebuild all those in f40-infra and then
schedule an outage, reinstall or upgrade and then run the upgrader to
upgrade the db, etc and then debug problems with it. I can file a ticket
on it since it's somewhat involved:

wiki01.iad2.fedoraproject.org
wiki01.stg.iad2.fedoraproject.org
wiki02.iad2.fedoraproject.org

On the openshift side:

bodhi
compose-tracker
coreos-cincinnati
fedora-ostree-pruner
maubot
release-monitoring
the-new-hotness

are all using fedora:38.
bodhi should wait until the bodhi-backend01 vm can move. The rest we
need to contact folks and ask them to update and test.
There are possibly some more things using 38 that are building images
elesewhere. Until we setup ACS or something it will just require some
digging to see.

kevin