Dist-git decoupling investigation finished

Hi everyone,

We would like to inform you that Advanced Reconnaissance Crew (ARC) from the CPE team finished research into decoupling dist-git from its pagure-related dependencies. The finished investigation is available here

Disclaimer: This is only an investigation and it doesn't decide anything. The decision itself is being discussed here

This investigation has come about as part of discussions that arose from Issue #26: DistGit to GitLab Move - initiatives-proposal - Pagure.io .

The investigation has the following objectives:

  1. Enumerate and write down a description of all the integrations we rely on in our current git forge (Pagure)
  2. Create a list of integrations to continue after moving to different git forge
  3. Write a recommendation plan on how we can loosely couple these integrations generically with another git forge (make it git forge agnostic as possible)
  4. Add the list and descriptions of integrations to the right place in our documentation

As the investigation is done, we are looking for feedback from community. Feel free to reply to this e-mail or if you prefer you can reply in discussion thread.

On behalf of ARC,
Michal