Re: AWS Snapshots without FedoraGroup tag

On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 04:38:01PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

> I had time to investigate it a bit:

Thanks for digging into it.

...snip...

> Based on this founding I propose:
>
> 1) Delete **all** snapshots without FedoraGroup tag older than - let say -
> 2021. This way we can actually review if there are some snapshots other than
> leftovers form clean-amis that is worth preserving. But right now I am
> unable to review manually anything. If the snapshot will be linked to live
> AMI then AWS refuse to delete it and I will ignore such errors. If there
> will be no objection I will top post this as separate headsup email.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

> 2) Open ticket that owners of fedimg should fix the tooling to delete the snapshots
>
> 3) Open tickets that owners of fedimg should delete cleanup AMIs with Deprecation time lower than todays date.

"Owner of fedimg" is... us I guess? but as far as I know, no one is
doing anything with it.

The plan was that the cloud-sig was going to look at a new, better tool
to manage uploading. I am not sure what the status of that is.

kevin