AWS - strange error: volume in use, but is not attached

When cleaning the old volumes I find strange error

This volume:

https://ap-southeast-1.console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home?region=ap-southeast-1#VolumeDetails:volumeId=vol-495d4a40

i.e. vol-495d4a40 in ap-southeast-1

cannot be deleted, because is "in-use". And I can only "detach" or "force detach", but there is no attached instances listed.

In this region are 3 instances: proxy38.fedoraproject.org, proxy30.fedoraproject.org and mref1.apse1.stream.centos.org but none of them list this volume as attached.

BTW, this volume is already snapshoted as snap-017a9145cd8099a06 so it can be safely deleted.

Does somebody ever experienced this kind of error? Any ideas?

If I get no suggestions by end of the week, I will try to detach it (not sure from where), and if it fails (I kind of expect it) I will raise a support ticket.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys