Re: AWS Instances without tag FedoraGroup=*

On Fri, Sep 08, 2023 at 01:45:02AM +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 07. 09. 23 v 20:49 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
> > Nice! I think dkirwan should know about Discourse-test and mobrien
> > should know about mobrien-test, and I think the rest are centos ones?
>
> Due diligence of instances:
>
> Region: ap-northeast-1
> Instances: (name, id, owner)
> * N/A (i-0399e6de6e283c229, N/A)
>
> This is up and running and has siwalter@redhat@ap-northeast-1 <https://ap-northeast-1.console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home?region=ap-northeast-1#KeyPairs:keyName=siwalter@redhat@ap-northeast-1>
> ssh key.

Good catch. Can you mail them about it, or would you like me to?

> Region: us-east-2
> Instances: (name, id, owner)
> * N/A (i-0278bbf7d7b9801b2, N/A)
> * N/A (i-07678cd3d615ca52a, N/A)
>
> These two has centos-stream-builders ssh key
>

> * N/A (i-030bd89ccd0a66013, N/A)
>
> This has astepano-real <https://us-east-2.console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home?region=us-east-2#KeyPairs:keyName=astepano-real>
> ssh key
>
> * N/A (i-01350e4dc91dd5f31, N/A)
>
> * N/A (i-01e07e6e302d60a4d, N/A)
> * N/A (i-07759ac45a275da45, N/A
>
> These seems to belong to testing farm.
>
> That is all from instances.

Should I mail testing farm folks about this? Or would you like to?

> But I am not sure how to proceed with volumes. Wait. I was not querying the
> name of the volumes. That can give more insight. And it does. Lot of them
> are TestingFarm, Kubernetes. Some of them belong to Taiga. (see bottom of
> email).

I'd like to keep the last tiaga ones for an archive in case we need
anything off it, but otherwise we don't need those.

I bet the testing farm ones are just that eks isn't tagging things when
deploying. Hopefully we can get it to do so.

> I have no idea what to do with the rest. E.g., vol-ef097386 from eu-west-1.
> Not attached to anything. No tags. No reference in ansible.git. No
> information.The only thing that comes to my mind is: make a snapshot, tag
> the snapshot with FedoraGroup=snapshot-before-deleting, delete the volume.
> If somebody will miss it, then restore it from snapshot. Otherwise delete
> the snapshot after several months.

That sounds a good plan to me. That way if we break anything we can put
it back. ;)

> Mirek

kevin