Re: Do koji's compose directories need cleaning?

On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 08:31:37AM +0000, Mattia Verga wrote:
> I'm unsure if this is something desired or if it is better to open a
> formal ticket on [releng|infra].
>
> Looking in the compose directories of Koji I've noticed that there seem
> to be a lot of garbage leftover from old stuff:
>
> - in https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/iot/ there are composes
> back to Fedora 31
> - in https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/updates/ there are
> composes back to Fedora 31, EPEL6, Fedora Modular 30
> - again in https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/updates/ there are
> garbage directories starting with "[[ release.id_prefix.title() ]]-"
> which seem quite recent
> - again in https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/updates/ there are
> some ".shelve" files related to f26, f27 and f28
>
> Do we want to clean those things up?

Yeah, we should. Also, probibly a note in the end of life sop to clean
up that. but it has to be done in the right order. ie, you should push
out and make sure the updates sync script is no longer trying to sync
the just now eoled release before removing the compose directory for it
(otherwise it may sync an empty repo to the master mirrors).

Anyhow, yeah, I'd say a releng ticket and we should look at adding that
to process/automating it. :)

Thanks for the note...

kevin