Re: SOP for adding externally hosted services?

On Wed, May 03, 2023 at 06:54:33PM -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> We're looking to deploy an instance of ReportPortal [1] for displaying and analyzing the output of automated tests in Fedora.
>
> This aligns with the goals of Testing Farm and instead of having it hosted with the other Fedora hosted apps, it looks to be easier to rely on their setup/infrastructure.

yeah, the council has specifically said it's ok to do this.

> Are there requirements around having something like reportportal.fedoraproject.org point to the service once it's up? I couldn't find anything by searching through the lists but I have a vague recollection of hearing talk about requirements in the past.

I don't think we have anything written up.
Some of it gets handled by going though the process of them becoming a
Red Hat vendor (in order for them to be paid for providing the service).

On top of that off my head though:
* Make sure we have some support avenue to send problems/issues to.
If we don't have this, people will bug us and we won't be sure how to
address issues or downtime.

* Make sure we have some kind of admin contact email or phone or
whatever in case there's some issue thats urgent/sensitive.
To allow us to contact them in case of a security issue or their site
somehow breaking other things.

* Make sure they know who is authorized to ask for changes from our
side.

For setup, we may need to interact with them to setup logins/etc.
(Although perhaps not in this case).

Would you be willing to start a 'external services' SOP on
https://pagure.io/infra-docs-fpo/ ?
Otherwise I can try, but I'm currently swamped. ;)

kevin