Re: Orphaning python-simplemediawiki

On Tue, 2023-04-25 at 08:06 +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> I'm going to orphan python-simplemediawiki. Upstream is long time dead
> and the github repository was archived in 2018.
>
> It was used by Bodhi backend to fetch TestCases information from Fedora
> Wiki, but Bodhi 7.1 switched to python-pymediawiki. I cannot find any
> other use in fedora infrastructure.

FWIW, if you want to de-duplicate effort a bit and are only maintaining
python-pymediawiki for this purpose, I maintain python-mwclient:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-mwclient
because python-wikitcms depends on it. We use python-wikitcms for
creating and submitting results to the validation event pages on the
wiki, so I'm tied into maintaining it as long as we're using the wiki
for results. So possibly we could have Bodhi move to *that*, and drop
python-pymediawiki.

I'm also now a maintainer of mwclient upstream, since the original
maintainer went inactive and I got roped in to help out...

Of course, if you're happy maintaining/using pymediawiki, there's no
need to switch, just thought I'd mention the possibility.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA