FMN replacement deployment

Hey folks!

I have a few questions about the final deployment of the FMN replacement:

- There's been a request to handle a user being disabled in IPA, which
should trigger their rules being disabled (FMN#826). We can do that
but we have questions about re-enablement: should the rules be
auto-enabled when the user is re-enabled? What about rules that the
user may have disabled previously? Should we just leave things
disabled?

- How do you see the transition to the new system? We were thinking:
  - move the current FMN to a different URL, such as
notifications-old.fp.o. It will still be processing messages and
sending notifications
  - run the new system in notifications.fp.o (in place of the old)
  - add a small banner to the new system to point people to the old in
case they want to change their rules there
  Is it too quick? Should we deploy the new one to a notifications-new
URL first? That's one more step to get to the final setup, so more
work for you. You get to decide :-)
→ Michal & Kevin are fine with this plan.

- IRC account: we can't connect to libera.chat with the same account
twice, we'll need a second account. I can create it, but do you prefer
that we:
  1. run the old FMN on the new account (fedora-notifs-old) and the
new FMN on the usual account
  2. run the old FMN on the usual account and the new FMN on the new
account (fedora-notifs-new) and then switch back to the usual one when
we retire the old FMN
  3. run the old FMN on the usual account and the new FMN on a new
account (fedora-fmn) and just drop the old account when we retire the
old FMN
  (I guess that's connected to the URL transition issue)
→ Kevin prefers option 3.

- Let's do an "ask us anything" session for infra people. We can do
that on IRC or you can ask all your questions in this email thread.

- When should we do the switch?
→ Kevin suggests next week, with an email to devel-announce.

What do you think? I've had a few answers from Michal & Kevin already
and added them inline.

Kevin also notes that we may need a RHIT ticket to allow IRC out from
OpenShift. I'll test it as soon as I've created the new IRC account.
He also suggests a sunset date for the old FMN after the F39 release.

Thanks!

Aurélien