Red Hat Bugzilla mail FAS field is now handled correctly by Bugzilla sync scripts

Hi everybody,

TL;DR; Check if you have correct e-mail in Red Hat Bugzilla Mail field in Fedora Accounts [0]. Empty mail is also OK.

the Red Hat Bugzilla Email field in Fedora Accounts [0] was till now ignored by most of the apps.

This was changed now with the latest update to toddlers [1], which contains most of the syncing scripts that are run automatically in Fedora Infra including distgit_bugzilla_sync [2], packager_bugzilla_sync [3] and packagers_without_bugzilla [4] scripts. All these scripts are using shared methods for working with Fedora Accounts system.

With the addition of scm_request_processor [5] there was a small change in how the Fedora Accounts mails are handled in regard to Red Hat Bugzilla mail. This change caused it to first look for Red Hat Bugzilla Mail and then look at the personnel e-mail associated with the account if Bugzilla mail is not set.

This unfortunately caused issues for some users that had Red Hat Bugzilla Mail field set incorrectly. I was the one who did the change and I actually forgot about it, because it happened at the beginning of scm_request_processor development cycle and I didn't know it could have that large impact. So I apologize for any issue this could have caused for you.

If you are one of the users, who were impacted by this change, you can fix it by adding correct Red Hat Bugzilla mail to your Fedora Account. You can do this in Settings->Emails in Fedora Accounts page [0].

We will fix the message that is being sent to packagers without Bugzilla e-mail to correspond with this change.

On behalf of CPE Team,
Michal

[0] - https://accounts.fedoraproject.org
[1] - https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/toddlers
[2] - https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/toddlers/blob/main/f/toddlers/plugins/distgit_bugzilla_sync.py [3] - https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/toddlers/blob/main/f/toddlers/plugins/packager_bugzilla_sync.py [4] - https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/toddlers/blob/main/f/toddlers/plugins/packagers_without_bugzilla.py [5] - https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/toddlers/blob/main/f/toddlers/plugins/scm_request_processor.py