Re: Rethinking fedora websites deployment

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 07:25:03PM +0100, darknao wrote:

> On 2022-11-24 18:58, Jan K wrote:
> > What is likelyhood of Openshift going down?   A would be best
> > solution if stable enough.
> >
> >  copperi
> >

> Openshift is quite stable. But everything around it may not. Having a
> network outage, internal VPN issue, datacenter incident, or just an
> openshift migration that goes wrong can still happen.

The other aspect is that you would then suddenly have all the worldwide traffic
goes to our static website converge onto our openshift cluster instead of
hitting the geo-distributed proxies.
That will have an impact on the user side: suddenly the websites take longer to
reach (openshift is in the US instead of me hitting the nearby proxy) as well as
on the bandwidth usage for the openshift cluster itself.

So I would not recommend serving these websites from our openshift cluster
directly. There is real value in the proxies in the loop.

Pierre