Re: [EMERGENCY FREEZE BREAK] Temporarily fix fedorapeople.org SSL cert

I am quite happy with certbot, I think really the issue is we just need to take the time to set up the DNS validation.  But thanks for the suggestions.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 13:34 Benson Muite <benson_muite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/12/22 19:22, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2022 at 03:50:35PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 07/10/2022 21:25, Nick Bebout wrote:
>>> DNS validation needs someone (or a DNS plugin for Certbot) to add a DNS
>>> record each time the certificate renews (by default Certbot renews 30
>>> days before expiration.  This works very well if your DNS provider is
>>> supported by one of certbot's plugins, but not as well if you have to
>>> update it manually.  I'm not sure if there is a way to integrate it into
>>> our current DNS setup.
>>   Do not reply to spam, report it:
>> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue
>>
>> For centos.org (and sub-domains) we're also using DNS validation with ACME
>> and it's all automatic : bind supports dynamic zones (and we have a
>> delegated acme.centos.org zone for that reason) : I already mentioned it to
>> Kevin and Mark and pointed to the presentation : so one doesn't have to edit
>> DNS : just let the tool do it for you :)
>
> Yeah. We just haven't set this up yet. Might be a nice thing to do after
> f37 is out the door. We do have automated http challenges, so we can
> (and do) get non wildcard certs that way in a automated way, just not
> the wildcard ones (they need dns).
As certbot has become quite heavy, maybe one of [1],[2] or [3] can help?
1)
https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/uacme/uacme/https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/uacme/uacme/
2) https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/dehydrated/dehydrated/
3) https://pypi.org/project/sewer/https://pypi.org/project/sewer/