Re: openshift 3->4 moves status and info needed

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 09:39:34AM +0200, Michal Konecny wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I agree with the removal of those 9 projects. Does those test projects have
> any description?

A few do... see below...

> And for info I want to work on the release-monitoring on prod soon, but not
> sure when exactly this will happen.

ok. I can help out if timezones permit.

Oh, I almost forgot the main reason I wanted to send this!

There's also some projects I have no idea about:

? application-monitoring.yml

I think this may have been an iniative a while back, but not sure if
this was completed, or just a test?

? monitor_dashboard.yml

I think this was a proof of concept, but not sure.

? test-auth.yml
I think this was to help debug some account system issue, and isn't
needed anymore?

> On 15. 06. 22 1:49, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Greetings everyone.
> >
> > I finally had a quiet afternoon to really dig into the ocp3->4
> > migration.
> >
> > We have a total of 64 unique applications/projects over the 4 clusters
> > (ocp3 prod/stg and ocp4 prod/stg).
> >
> > Of those 20 have been moved to ocp4 (either stg or prod or both).
> >
> > There's 4 that are sort of in the midst of moving to ocp4 prod, but need
> > some more tweaking (flatpak-indexer, release-monitoring,
> > discourse2fedmsg, transtats).
> >
> > I'd like to propose removing the following 9 entirely:
> >
> > REMOVE: accountsystem.yml
> >    ( an old proof of concept of noggin/caapi/etc)

Not actually running, so no description.

> > REMOVE: distgit_bugzilla_sync.yml
> >    ( we do this in a toddler anymore)

> > REMOVE: fas-changes.yml
> >    ( I think this was just needed for a short time for the account system
> >    migration, please correct me if it's got some better use)

Not running.

> > REMOVE: fas-stg.yml
> >    ( Old account system staging, we can use the fas.yml playbook if we
> >    have to keep fas)

Not running.

> > REMOVE: ipsilon.yml
> >    ( we moved this to vm's because we couldn't run pam_sssd in openshift.
> >    Has that changed?)

> > REMOVE: kerneltest.yml
> >    ( This never went into service and doesn't do exactly what kernel
> >    maintainers want )

> > REMOVE: sanitarium.yml
> >    ( some test project? )

Not running.