Building VM images for Copr builders

Hello infra!

Currently, in Copr team we are periodically preparing those kinds of images for
our VM builders:

- x86_64 AMI image for AWS
- aarch64 AMI
- x86_64 image for hypervisors
- ppc64le qcow2 image (uploaded to Power9 OpenStack and to our Power8 hypervisors)
- s390x qcow2 (built in IBM Cloud)
- internally we build also x86_64 images for OpenStack

The way we do this now is pretty complicated:

- we start with the officially provided Fedora images (AMI/QCOW2)
- we modify and update them using ansible scripts and/or libguestfs
- then the images are uploaded, and tested in our development stack
- and if everything is OK, then these images are used in production

Some more info https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/how_to_upgrade_builders.html

This is a tedious and repetitive list of tasks, and I'm sure we
should/could automatize some parts.  At least it would be awesome if we
could try to trigger the build(s) for all the images by "a single button",
somehow, somewhere...  So I am here to ask you how you would do this.

- I thought the answer is Image Builder, but there's a missing support for
  Fedora ppc64le and s390x targets for now (rhbz#2040685).

- livemedia-creator, seems to be a bit related to Image Builder but I was told
  some time ago that AMI support is experimental, the docs say
  "At this time I have not tested the image with EC2. Feedback would be
  welcome."

- There's a Packer software (packer.io) used by testing farm folks (the tooling
  is not available in Fedora yet).

- Koji is able to build some images using Kickstarts.  This one looks like
  low-hanging fruit.  Existing and working solution, we could built on top of
  of the maintained fedora-kickstarts files that we "use" anyway (through the
  pre-built official images).  But I'm not sure if our team could be allowed to
  use Koji like this, and provide additional *ks files?

Are there any other possibilities?  Opinions?

Thanks, Pavel