Re: Bodhi's move to OIDC

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 at 05:20, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 01, 2022 at 06:15:59PM +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Hey folks!

...snip background...

> Weirdness aside, I'm wondering if this could hurt people who may run
> the bodhi client CLI on a headless server. The browser must be opened
> on the same host where the CLI is running. There could be a way around
> that but it would need a (minor, according to Patrick) addition to
> Ipsilon. (this workaround does not involve starting elinks instead)

I think the workaround might be welcome here for these people who do hit
this case. Or documentation on how to run it on a workstation with a
local browser and move/copy the token to the headless place?

> So, I have questions:
> - Do any of you run the bodhi CLI on a headless server instead of on
> their workstation?

Yes. bodhi-backend01. ;)
ie, we need to make sure releng can auth to do pushes still and the
automated cron that does pushes still works.

> - Do you use the --username and --password command-line switches of
> bodhi-client?
> - How far ahead should we warn users of this change? There's doc to update too.

I think once we have a really good idea of what we are going to change
and the workarounds, etc we should announce it then.

> I don't think I can easily keep both stacks (OpenID and OIDC) working
> simultaneously, but in the interest of ease of migration I can try, if
> it's worth the non-negligible effort.
>
> I think I can get this work done in the context of the Bodhi
> initiative this quarter. If things don't explode too big.
>
> Comments? Opinions?
> Thanks for reading this far :-)

Thanks for heading this up... I guess once this is done, our only openid
app left will be pagure?

This ticket is mostly up to date with the status (other than what is in this thread)

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/10241

—ryanlerch

kevin