Re: Bodhi's move to OIDC

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 12:16 PM Aurelien Bompard
> <abompard(a)fedoraproject.org&gt; wrote:
>
> It also doesn't work at all if you're doing work from a remote box or
> in a headless system (like Vagrant or whatever). I've tried myself,
> and I've failed to pull it off.

Hi,

Sorry if this response looks weird, I'm using hyperkitty web interface to respond inline since I was not subscribed to this list yet. (And thanks to Neal for CCing me in his response.)

But yeah, making it impossible to use the bodhi cli without opening a web browser for authentication would be bad for my use cases / my projects - particularly fedora-update-feedback. If I need to open a web browser for authentication, I can just use it to submit bodhi feedback as well, and then why use a CLI app?

> I do. There's also other external clients, like Fabio Valentini's
> Rust-based ones. We should check with him on how we affect that.

While there's apparently Rust libraries that could handle OpenID connect stuff for me, I'd need to look into how they handle the authentication flow, i.e. if they require opening a web browser too. It would also require rewriting the whole lower layer of my Rust bodhi API bindings / fedora-update-feedback *again*, because I *just today* finished the transition onto async / await and released versions 2.0.0 of those projects ...

So if there's any transition period, that would be greatly appreciated, since I will need time (and that's not growing on trees nowadays) to adapt my projects.

Fabio