Re: F36 Change: Enable fs-verity in RPM (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 04:08:04PM +0000, Roberto Sassu via devel wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> (note for the infrastructure mailing list: please check if the changes
> I'm proposing could be tested in the Fedora infrastructure, like Copr)

copr uses a different signing setup... so probibly won't work there.

We could perhaps work with you to try and get it in our staging env to
test, but I am not sure how involved that might be. I guess the first
step would be filing a infratructure ticket and explain what you would
need to change/test.

So, question for the change owners:

This is not enabled by default, I assume you wish to enable it for
something, can you expand on what you will use it for and what that
helps you with?

Also, is there any plan to enable it by default? Is there some way this
could be useful to all our users? or more of our users?

This change and the DIGLIM change both feel to me like we are spending
time and effort enabling something that only helps a tiny fraction of
our users. Is there some way this could be more generally useful to our
users?

kevin