Re: Sourcegraph and exploded sources

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 04:19:33PM -0500, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> 0. When you mean %prep and %build you mean where koji builds a src.rpm
> and then the builders get it versus the prep/build stage of mock?

I mean in between those stages in rpmbuild.

> 1. I don't think the builders don't have access to the internet to do
> that. Koji would have access but it is a limited resource.

Oh, yeah. I knew that -- I was thinking we could make an outgoing rule to
allow this access, but the idea of using gitlab would mean that's a pretty
big hole.

So I guess a better process would be to have a separate service which would

1. follow the message bus for successful non-scratch builds
2. grab the src rpm from koji
3. run `mock --short-circuit prep $SOURCERPM`
4. grab the results from mock's root/builddir/build/BUILD directory
5+ (all the stuff with git)

> 2. I don't think you want any and every build to be broken because we
> could not get to gitlab for a push due to timeouts, problems with
> snips in the code etc.

I was thinking it could just warn on failure, not block. But yeah.

> You would want to plumb this into the build process as a completely
> new tool. It would need a dedicated box which does this and it would
> need to be able to
> a) not stop builds and composes
> b) be able to queue these actions so a mass rebuild doesn't take weeks
> c) be able to resend/redo when we hit gitlab max actions per
> second/hour. [Even paid accounts have quotas to keep overall service
> working]
> d) deal with MBS issues.

*nod*

--