Re: Planned Outage - server update/reboots - 2021-11-17 21:00 UTC

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 05:00:48AM -0000, Reon Beon wrote:
> So is the bare minimum to update a Fedora system (and get mirrors) put on a CDN or what?

I am not sure I understand your question, can you rephase?

I think you might be asking how mirrors keep working when we reboot
servers?

If so, the way our network is setup is that we have a bunch of proxy
servers. These are all over the world. Each proxy server has a copy of
the mirrormanager data and runs a pair of small rust services that
answer mirror requests. When we reboot a proxy we typically take it out
of DNS, so you never hit the ones that are rebooting. By cycling through
them you avoid seeing any outage.

Hope that helps, feel free to rephrase if I missed what your question
was. :)

kevin